I’m so sorry I haven’t been to visit each of you this last week. I shall this week, I promise. It’s been hectic around here. But the good, flurry-of-activity and falling-into-bed-exhausted-every-night kind of hectic.
1. I’m thankful for a safe drive home from my parents’ house. It took us 2 hours longer than usual to get home due to heavy traffic and it seemed that all the crazies were out. It was a full moon tonight, after all.
2. 10 days with my parents. Such a blessing! We had so many fun days, including many trips to the beach, the farmers’ market, and a day of riding the train up to Santa Barbara and visiting the Mission. My Aunt and Uncle, here from Chicago for a mid-winter thaw, were also able to join us for the train ride and a beach day!
3. Some days homeschooling is especially great. Some days it’s especially hard. We had both this week. ZoeGrace did an amazing job with her reading and it really seemed to finally ‘click’! But due to an insurance mix-up, she spent much of the week off meds. Instead of formal schooling during that time, which would have been far too much for her to handle, homeschooling allowed us the freedom to get out to the beach and study tide pools.
We learned about the inter tidal zone…
Found all sorts of interesting sea creatures…
And were watched closely by a noble, white crane.
I think Charlotte Mason would be proud. ;o)
4. A cooking class with my Mum and the wisecracking Chef AJ. The class was informative (she even had a good referral for me to contact to learn more about non-dairy, non-processed baby formula… though we haven’t had any infants, many of my friends have and would love to feed their foster babies more nutritionally appropriate formula), full of yummy, health-creating food, and completely entertaining.
Added bonus? My daddy babysat and this Mama got a much needed break! He definitely gets the “Bapa of the year award”. :o)
5. My Mum surprised us this morning by driving down with me to San Diego to help clean and pack for TBM (the big move). Any extra time with my parents is a blessing since we’ll be moving so far away.
It’s been a week full of family, and for that I am grateful! Thank you, Susanne, for reminding us to find the joy in each hectic, busy week!