Join myself and others in this exercise of gratitude by heading over to Susanne’s at Living to Tell the Story. She hosts us each week so we can find and share the blessings in our lives.
1. Routine. I’ve had a catch-up week. We’re catching up on house work and school and just being home. I’ve loved seeing family and friends these past few weeks, but it’s also nice to just settle and get back into a routine- my little boy in particular is much happier with a routine.
2. Rain! We sleep with the window open, so I woke to the delicious sound of wind and rain last night. Although I couldn’t handle all the dreary, grey weather living in the Pacific Northwest, I LOVE having a bit of rain to break up the sunshine here in SoCal.
3. Knitting. I’m decreasing the toe on my second sock! They’re the same size, the stripes match up… whew. Just need to finish them up and send them off to their recipient tomorrow. :o)
4. Weight– I’ve lost 10 pounds since Christmas and just keep losing steadily. Having gained 10-15 pounds with each of our fertility treatments (and we’ve done 3!), losing weight has been a big challenge. It’s a bizarre thing to watch your body expand and grow that much over the course of just 8-12 days. You can actually watch your face change from day to day. Some folks do fine with the meds and don’t gain any weight, but I know quite a few women who have had the same experience. It’s exciting to watch it come off because I feel so great as I lose- healthy and energized! :o)
Here’s one major thing that’s helped: a green smoothie for lunch. Just combine:
– 8-12 oz fluid base (we use either water or the green juice from Trader Joe’s but you can also use almond milk)
-Greens (I use half a bag of spinach and half a bunch of kale… if I have baby bok choy around I add that in addition to the spinach and kale)
-Fruit (I use 1 banana, 1.5 cups frozen berries, and fresh pineapple, if I have any on hand)
-Flaxseed meal (about a table spoon or so)
This makes enough for one big glass for me and a small glass for each of my kids to have along with their lunch.
5. Technology. Between blogs, FaceTime, Skype, and Facebook I’m able to keep up with friends and family quite literally around the globe. It’s such a blessing.
Blessings on each of your weeks! I hope you find joy in the mundane, hope in the despair.