Thanks for joining us to focus on finding our favorite blessings of the week. To see more of the gratefulness fest, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
I can barely remember what I had for lunch today, much less what I did in the last week! It was spent mostly at home, doing school and playing, one day blending into another.
1. Wine & Cheese. We had a wine & dessert night on Saturday for the ladies in my church. It was fun to spend time getting to know each other and enjoying games and socializing. I do love our church so much.
2. Rain. I know I said it last week, but I love it! I get to wear sweaters and there’s always a pot of tea on. You know you live in Southern California when counting how many raindrops are on the window by your carseat is an exciting form of entertainment for your children… Bonus- we get to multi-task by using the counting game as math for the day. Homeschool Win.
3. Olympics. Speaking of homeschooling, we’ve been gearing up all week for the opening ceremonies of the Sochi Winter Olympics 2014! We covered geography, history, social studies, art, and math. The Princess has completely fallen in love with figure skating and my four year old prayed ever so earnestly to get to be a “speed runner in the summer olympics some day”.
4. Knitting. It’s so relaxing. I cast on another pair of socks and I just LOVE this yarn. My Mum gave it to me and it’s all the right kinds of bright and happy- perfect for these dreary days we’ve had. How have I never knit socks before?? I’m addicted.
5. Dog Sitting. We’re watching this cutie patootie while our friends are in Brazil. I love having a dog around, but it reminds me why we’ve agreed not to get a dog until we have a yard at our next place: I had to walk him late at night in the rain before heading to bed. Brrrr. It’s been a good test run to see how the kiddos do with a dog, though, as we are looking into getting the Princess a service dog as a night time companion.
Isn’t he precious? Such a snuggler.
So that was our weekly recap. Hope you all have a blessed week and enjoy the international festivities! :o)