I didn’t get around to commenting on everyone’s blogs last week. Mea culpa. It was one of ‘those weeks’. The ones where I’m so thankful to Susanne for hosting this each Friday because I have to think about the blessings, not the trials.
1. Safe Travels. Our trip up to my Mum’s took a little longer than usual due to heavy traffic on the 405 but the kiddos were good and we arrived safely in just over 5 hours. Hooray for family time!
2. Shout House. A night out with friends at the Shout House. If you’ve never been to a piano bar before- definitely take the time. It’s such fun, especially when they start dueling pianos. They even did a tribute to military wives- a la Top Gun.
AND they sang the Marine Corps Hymn. One happy woman.
3. Plane Tickets. We bought plane tickets to see our favorite
person people in the whole world. I’m. So. Excited. The kids can barely contain themselves. :o)
4. Good Friends. We had a rough time Sunday morning and were supposed to have a bunch of people over for curry after church (I make the world’s best curry… I might just share the recipe with ya’ll some day). When I didn’t show up to church due to monumental traumatized-four-year-old behaviors, I got lots of messages asking if we were ok and and everyone quickly changed plans to go out to a favorite local Mexican place instead. (And no one judged when I ordered a mojito before noon…)
I love adoption. I love my children. I’m SO GRATEFUL for my children. But sometimes… the trauma just sucks the life out of me. I know it’s harder for them to process the trauma than for me to deal with their behaviors from it, so mostly I just feel sad for my babies. But sometimes… the acronyms (PTSD, RAD, ADHD and on and on…) add up into a daunting list of letters with overwhelming, tangible effects on my daily life. But
sometimes all the time (sometimes I just don’t pay attention)… God’s grace shines through all the junk wrought by sin and I find peace in the midst of the turmoil.
“The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.” Psalm 29:11
5. New Shows. I have a lot of time to myself in the evenings as I declutter and pack so I like to put a show on Netflix to watch as I sort. I found two new BBC masterpiece mystery shows that I have enjoyed: Endeavour (How gorgeous is Shaun Evans? Hubby wasn’t too impressed with this show so perhaps it was more that I was enamored with Shaun Evan’s accent..?) and The Bletchley Circle.