To join in with us as we find the best blessings of our week, head on over to Susanne, who faithfully hosts us each week.
1. Family Time. On Sunday afternoon many of my cousins and all of my aunts and uncles on my dad’s side gathered together at a park. It was nice to catch up with family that I hadn’t seen in years.
2. Good Sermon. There was a good sermon at my parents’ church on Sunday that spoke directly to where I am right now. All about finding your fulfillment and joy in the Lord and not in circumstances. A moving exposition based on Genesis 29, examining Leah’s quest for Jacob’s affections and her eventual contentment in worshiping God. It’s always a blessing when the Lord ministers directly to your heart.
3. Knitting Projects. I’ve finished the body of a plain vest for Zoe (have I mentioned how much I love Pickles patterns??) and just need to finish up the yoke around the shoulders. I started a sweet little baby blanket for my nephew (also a Pickles pattern, of course). I just love this yellow- soft and cheery. It took a bit to find the right color: one the mom-to-be would like and one I could enjoy staring at for a few weeks as I knit (I don’t do baby pastels…). I’m loving how it’s turning out. 🙂
4. Fantastic Lawyer. The kids’ lawyer is back from maternity leave. While the lawyer filling in was good, their usual lawyer is phenomenal and I know she will take matters well in hand to ensure that our adoption finalizes quickly.
5. Outdoor Adventures. We went on an awesome hike with my mom at Rancho Sierra Vista/Satwiwa. My kids are great hikers and we’re already planning camping and backpacking expeditions for the summer.
Saturday morning we ventured out into the fog to the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center.
At the visitor center we worked on identifying sea life from our day at the beach earlier in the week.
We had a lovely week and things really did improve with my kids’ behavior. My mum makes everything better. You know how some people complain about sounding just like their mom as they grow older and have their own families?? I complain that I don’t sound enough like her. :o)