It’s been a busy few weeks.
1. TOGETHER. We’re together again as a family. In military terms, it wasn’t a very long separation but for us 2 and a half months felt like an eternity. Doing the single mom thing is
exhausting horrible draining hard, though not as hard as I had dreaded, but trying to keep all the active parts organized for our cross country move AND the adoption AND selling the California house AND homeschooling while trying to single parent just about sent me on a one way trip to the cliffs of insanity.
Grateful that our next long separation will hopefully be once we are settled in one place and can have a solid routine established.
Even though he’s a momma’s boy extraordinaire, my son struggled most with the separation and he is just so thrilled to be back with his Daddy. When he is tired and snuggly, he twirls my hair as I hold him. Since my Marine shaves his head, Liam just strokes his head and face constantly. These two together… Melt my heart.
2. FAMILY. My parents spent a very full weekend helping me get ready and encouraging me. I would have lost my mind without them, I think. :o) And my kiddos just love being with their Mema and Bapa. It was nice to have some last minute time with them.
3. FRIENDS. I have the most amazing friends. Really. They babysat, had sleepovers, let me borrow toys for the kids while all theirs were packed up, cleaned, brought me food and coffee, did my laundry, invited us to stay at their houses while we lived out of boxes…. the list goes on and on and on. So blessed. I will miss each one tremendously.
4. REUNITED. Not only were we reunited with Daddy, we were reunited with our best friends! The kids were so excited to see their besties and I am finally in the same time zone as my wonder twin. :o)
5. HOME. We don’t have anything in our new home, but that hasn’t stopped the kids from finding the benefits of an empty house:
Rolling across the soft carpet…
..hunting spiders and bugs (both outside and inside… Oh, Florida…)…
…watching boats and dolphins in the lagoon…
…and playing in the yard.
When Liam first saw our back yard he stopped and exclaimed in awe, “Look, Mommy, a yard full of WISHES!”
Bonus: I just received a call that our stuff will be delivered early next week! We’d been told it could be up to 8 weeks, so I’m pretty thrilled not to be living out of a suitcase for more than 2 weeks!
Especially since I definitely packed more yarn than shoes.
For more fave fives, visit Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.