Is it the end of March already? How time flies. But I’m excited because the close of this month brings us to the month we finally, after almost 2 and a half years, get to adopt our kids! That’s right folks, my first fave is….
1. Adoption Date! We got a call this week saying that we have a date set to finalize our adoption and it’s in APRIL!
2. The View. Are you getting tired of hearing about the view from my window? Because I’m sure not tired of seeing it! When I get weary and worn down, I just take a moment to gaze outside and it somehow resets my mood. Usually. 🙂
Although today the view looks like this…. accompanied by wind rattling the house and thunder shaking our ear drums.
Florida weather is crazy! I think I’m ready to pay the SoCal sun tax right about now…. :o)
3. Blue Angels. While I love our view of the lagoon, I think Liam prefers the view of the Blue Angels flying over our roof. On any given day he wants to be a ‘jet fighter pilot’ or a ‘cardiologist to fix broken hearts’ when he grows up. The blue angels are pretty thrilling for him- even if he did resort to tactical fire operations about half way through the show. I sure do love boys. :o)
4. A washer and dryer! For the last 2 weeks (and 3 months for my husband) we’ve been doing our laundry at our best friends’ home. I am so deeply appreciative for their generosity but it will be a relief to be able to do laundry without lugging it a few miles away. We have such wonderful friends the world over.
5. Familiar Tastes. I was feeling pretty homesick for Southern California last weekend- maybe because I had my first glimpse of the hot, muggy weather this area is known for (boy, am I dreading summer…)- and so I tracked down the only Starbucks in our part of town and ordered my favorite drink for a hot day (an iced soy latte) and came home to read my new book out on the lawn while the kiddos scootered happily around our quiet cup-de-sac.
What tastes remind you of home?
We’ve had a low key week, lots of resting and snuggling and knitting and unpacking. Definitely the highlight for the whole family was getting an adoption date! What were the blessings in your week? To view more blessings, head on over to Susanne’s at Living to Tell the Story where she hosts the Friday Fave Five each week.