It’s the last Friday of April 2014 and we have a LOT to celebrate! Join Susanne to share the favorite parts of your week.
1. It’s official!!!! We are a forever family!!!
We were so sad that Daddy couldn’t come to California with us for the adoption but we are thankful for technology so he could at least FaceTime in. We are grateful for his service to our country, which sometimes limits his ability to participate in momentous family occasions. It’s a sacrifice, but it’s worth it. I’m so proud of him. And, much like a wedding, what matters most is the lifetime together after the occasion- and no matter what, we are family now. Our joy over flows and we thank the Lord for seeing us through this long journey in His own, perfect way.
2. Supportive friends and family! So many people came out to the courthouse and our friends’ home to celebrate. We had back-to-back-to-back play dates and hangouts and received so many well-wishing emails and letters from folks who couldn’t make it to the adoption. And a dear friend let us live with them for nearly 2 weeks. So blessed. So humbled. So grateful.
3. Amazing parents. I got to spend some time visiting with them and then they helped out so much with preparing for the adoption and keeping me sane during party prep.
Then poor Bapa had to be left behind and Mema drove across the entire country with us (she kept me
sane functional). Seriously, folks, parents of the year award for the billionth year running…
4. Safe Travels. We drove more than 2500 miles in the last week. From San Diego to Phoenix, where we spent a few days with my brother and his wife. Up to Albuquerque where we got to meet my husband’s grandparents, aunt & uncle, and cousins for the first time. Across to Oklahoma City, down to Houston and then home to Florida. My wonderful mother drove with me the whole way. We love road trips and my kids are fantastic travelers, so aside from a rough night in Houston, we had a really great time!
5. My husband. He’s so sweet, sensitive, and caring! I love that he has the gentlest heart you’ll ever meet…
But he easily turns Knight in Kevlar Armor to protect those he loves most. He came through and took care of us from hundreds of miles away when we faced a bad situation in Houston and I’m so grateful he’s mine. All mine! :o)
And I’m so grateful we’ll get to be with him indefinitely now! So joyful to be a family again.
Now I’m ready to settle into a routine and enjoy exploring Florida.
Until next time, West Coast….