Each Friday Susanne hosts Friday’s Fave Five where we share 5 blessings from our weeks.
I missed last week because we had company. My sister and nephew were out for a long weekend, which is, of course, my first fave!
1. A Lovely Visit. The cousins love to be together.
We visited a pumpkin patch one day
went apple picking another (sadly, I forgot to take any pictures because we were having so much fun) and visited Starbucks and parks daily.
Relaxing and fun.
2. Speaking of Cousins, we have a new one! Our little PAL was born last week and everyone is just SO excited. We haven’t been able to see her yet so I stole my mum‘s picture of this precious little one. 🙂
3. Domesticity. We’ve been home a few days this week so I’ve gotten a lot done. We’re caught up on the school we got behind on while family visited and I’ve cooked and baked up to wazoo. Remember how we went apple picking? Well… we may have gotten a bit carried away because we ended up with 27 pounds! So I made apple pie, tons of apple sauce, and while I was baking I figured I should make some honey whole wheat bread to go with the huge vat of minestrone soup I made.
4. Knitting. The weather is turning colder and my knitting is constantly with me. Hats, fingerless gloves, vests- all being knit in abundance as I use up my stash.
My sister decided to sneak a picture of me knitting at the pumpkin patch. Apparently, normal people don’t do this?? 😉
Also, apparently I’m the only person who thinks it’s cold! Everyone else was in short sleeves and my kids and I were bundled up in boots and sweaters.
5. Health & Fitness. A year ago I was overweight and miserable physically, emotionally, spiritually. I’d gained nearly 40 pounds due to multiple failed fertility treatments and I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I vowed that 2014 would be a healthy year for my family. I still have a long way to go but I’m healthier and stronger each month, thanks mostly to my Beach Body programs (21 Day Fix and P90x3 for now.. I really want to try TurboFire and Les Mills Combat sometime soon, though!) and eating Paleo (and apple pie, of course) I love Beach Body- it’s a fantastic company with solid products.
Left was August 2013, though I looked like this until January of 2014. The right is a few weeks ago. I still have a ways to go before I feel like myself again, but bit by bit I’m getting back into shape and I love it! Except today because I’m SO. SORE. Curse you, super burpees. 😉
It’s a beautiful, sunny day so we’re finishing up school early and heading out to enjoy a hike!