Welcome to Susanne’s Friday Fave Five where we share five blessings from our week.
With The Princess’ first week back in school being riddled with snow days and late starts, I did not get the commenting and blogging done that I wanted but small progress is progress- I did get my house cleaned and lots of snuggles in. My goal is to actually get around and comment on every body’s posts this week. 🙂
1. My first blessing is surviving our first serious cold streak here. Yikes.
The first time we went out in “real snow”, Little Warrior got snow in his mittens so his hands got too cold and he screamed bloody murder (he does that, sometimes…) for an hour after coming inside, despite going straight in to a warm bath & sitting by the fire with hot cocoa. But, after getting some new, water proof mittens to wear OVER the wool mittens, he’s gotten the hang of being out in the cold and loves it.
They’ve mastered the art of sledding down the hill behind our house. 🙂
2. Finishing & mailing a bunch of knitting and sewing projects, including this ginormous one. Whew.
3. Music. More specifically, a sound system that plays it with amazing clarity and range. Hubby wanted to use his Christmas money for a sound system on our main living floor, but I said, “Honey, we really don’t need it. I just play music on my laptop.” Words I have since eaten with a slice of humble pie because I use the sound system all. the. time. I seriously can’t hear Barber’s Adagio enough on it.
And Foo Fighters and Nirvana are pretty great on it too.
4. Totally materialistic- but my next fave is pressies. I got a few amazon cards and used them to buy a few books I’ve been wanting to read before starting grad school and then a bunch of birthday presents for folks. Then I used the money I would have spent on birthday presents to get a new purse. I’ve been majorly crushing on this Marc Jacobs one, but no way I’m paying that much so I trolled eBay until finding this more affordable, used gem. I’m in love. And getting rid of all my other purses makes it sort of simplifying, right?
And my awesome, leak proof Contigo coffee mug broke so my sister ordered me this gorgeous coffee mug that I’ve also been crushing on. Squee.
5. Time with this little nut. I haven’t had much time to myself yet because of how schedules have been working out with snow days, but I’ve definitely had more time with this little guy and he’s a different kid with big sister being in school. Back to his old, sweet self. We are both such introverts that we can happily do our own things without talking while sitting in the same room. He loves to play with the Princess and can’t wait for her to get home, but she’s so extroverted and talkative, I think it just wore him out to be around it 24 -7.
This Dino-ologist kit has entertained him for. hours. and. hours. Even now, he’s sitting next to me meticulously brushing away plaster. Oh my heart.
When I was a kid I used to do my school work by the fire so my Mom named our homeschool “Fireside Academy”. Little Warrior decided to continue on the tradition. 🙂
He’s also obsessed with this carved angel and takes it around everywhere. He cracks me up.
That’s been my week of surviving the first winter storm. We’re expecting more snow next week. Yay. Where did you find JOY in the little (and big) things this week?