Friday Fave Five is hosted by Susanne each week and offers a place for us to come together and share favorites moments and blessings of the week. It’s a great exercise in gratitude!
1. Grandpa is here! Grandpa comes out to the East Coast a few times a year for business and always extends his travel so we can spend the weekend together.
We wish Grandma could be here as well, but are grateful for all the family time we can get out here. Never take for granted being close to family. It’s a joy and a treasure that we miss dearly. (Close, for us, means four hours driving or less. That’s the closest we’ve ever lived to family. Oh for the day we could live in the same city!! ❤ )
2. Fun times at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
3. A warm home as weather gets cold and wet. We’re praying for people affected by Hurricane Joaquin in the Bahamas and for people already experiencing flooding along the East Coast.
4. Happy hearts and funny words. Little Warrior had a rough week last week (he was growing and oh-so-cranky) but this week has been delightful and filled with so much laughter. He’s been on a role with hilarious little one-liners that get me giggling.
At the Renn Faire, as this knight rode out, he enthusiastically exclaimed , “Mom! He’s the stuff legends are made of!”
And while on the phone with my Mum after karate yesterday, he started chocking on his oatmeal because, you know, you’re supposed to swallow before shoving 4 more bites in your mouth (did I mention he’s been growing like a bean sprout..?? Eat
ravenously. Sleep. Repeat.). After dealing with the lack of oral space issue, he worried aloud, “I think my digestive track is broken”, sending us into fresh peals of laughter. As his sweet Mema assured him we were laughing WITH him, not AT him, he replied matter-of-factly, “I know. It happens all the time.” These weeks of hilarity keep me pushing on through the tough ones. 🙂
5. Sweaters, scarves & boots- oh my! While I may detest the cold and dreary winters out here, I sure do love getting to pull out my wellies (most comfortable shoes I own!) and snuggle up in cozy, knitted goods.