Every Friday, Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday Fave Five. Participants share five favorites from the week in an effort to focus our thoughts on our blessings.
1. Spring Weather We had one last snow last Friday and it was lovely.
I took the pups out for a hike along the river and got some lovely pictures. But now it’s sunny and in the 60s & 70s and we’ve been to the park nearly every day this week. Absolutely wonderful.
2. Sewing My friend’s daughter is learning to make a quilt and she came over this week to baste her backing-batting-front together. It looks so lovely and I’m so proud of her for working so hard on it. Unfortunately I didn’t snag a photo but will try to get a good one when we finish up the binding.
3. Audio Books I’m not much of an auditory learner but in all the craziness of life I haven’t been able to keep up with my reading like I’d like to. So I started borrowing audio books from the library (you can even download them to your phone/tablet via the OverDrive app) and even purchased a few on my iBooks account. This way I can ‘read’ a book while doing dishes or driving to and from appointments. I love it! And the kidlets love it too- they’ve already listened to Paddington and an unabridged version of Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book. I’ve borrowed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone from the library to listen to next.
4. Swimming A friend invited me to swim at a local aquatic center with her. The moment I hit the water my soul was refreshed. Swimming is the only sport I’ve ever been any good at and it’s the one exercise that makes me feel invigorated WHILE I’m doing it. So grateful to have been reintroduced to it.
5. Sweet Puppies They bring so much joy to our life, despite their constant need to be taken to the bathroom and their propensity to chew ev.ree.thing. Par for the course for a 100+ pound puppy, I suppose. Each month they seem to get better, so that’s progress. 🙂 Ape will be 9 months old this week!
Does anyone know where our puppies’ names come from? (HINT: the kids named them)
What are some favorites from your week?